If you’re an Allegacy member pursuing an undergraduate degree, the Mel Hughes Scholarship Program may be able to provide financial assistance. For those who apply but aren’t selected, the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation General Fund Scholarship offers another option.
Mel Hughes provides four $1,300 scholarships to college or university students
Mel Hughes also provides four $250 scholarships to tech and community college students
For those who applied but weren’t selected, the Carolinas CU Foundation offers options
More info about Scholarships
All applicants will be notified in early May
- Application period lasts from November to February each year
- To apply for a Mel Hughes scholarship, you must be a primary Allegacy member with your own savings account
- To apply for Mel Hughes, the applicant must be a full-time college student enrolled in at least 12 semester hours, or a high school senior accepted on a full-time basis at an accredited post-secondary institution
- Mel Hughes provides four $1,300 scholarships annually to college or university students
- It provides four $250 scholarships annually to students of a tech or community school
- For those who apply to Mel Hughes but aren’t accepted, the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation Scholarship may be able to provide financial assistance
You might like ...
Here are a few other resources, pages and articles you might enjoy.
Let's be our best, together
When you become an Allegacy member, the benefits aren’t just individual. When you invest with us, we invest in arts, education, health and community service organizations throughout the Triad. It brings us joy to help our community thrive. It’s also the right thing to do.