focus more on what matters most.
It’s our most popular account for a reason. SmartRate Checking offers above-market rates, refunds on ATM fees, no monthly fee and no minimum balance. Earn your highest dividends, pay your lowest fees and focus more on what matters in your day.
Earn dividends at above-market rates when you meet 3 simple requirements (see below)
ATM fees refunded up to $25 per cycle, no monthly fee, no minimum balance required
Not enough money in your account? We can transfer from your savings or line of credit
No delays or hold times on direct deposits; applies to most payroll check deposits too
Our partnership with CFS* gives you complimentary access to local, award-winning advisors
Mobile banking, text alerts, eStatements and WebBanking put all the tools in your hands
More info on SmartRate Checking
SmartRate Checking is a high-yield account that pays above-market rates when you meet all of the SmartRate Checking requirements. It also refunds ATM fees (up to $25 per cycle) nationwide.
Earn higher dividends
All SmartRate Checking account-holders earn the base dividend of 0.05%. If you meet the following requirements, you’ll earn the premium dividend of 0.50%.
- Sign up for eStatements
- Make at least ten check card transactions per cycle
- Set up at least one direct deposit (or ACH debit) per cycle
A cycle is roughly one month. It runs from the last business day of the previous month, to the second-to-last business day of the current month.
Note, check card purchases are recorded on the day the retailer completes the transaction – not necessarily the day you made the purchase. It’s possible to buy something near the end of one cycle and have it count toward the next.
Similarly, direct deposits are recorded only once they finish processing. To make sure your direct deposit fulfills your cycle requirement, ask your payroll department for the end-of-month processing date.
Calculators to keep your savings on track
You might like ...
Here are a few other resources, pages and articles you might enjoy.
Not yet a member?Chart your course. Chase your dreams.
- *Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. Allegacy Federal Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make nondeposit investment products and services available. The following words need to be in bold on all Allegacy Investment group pages where this disclosure is placed. (They are currently not in Bold) are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal.
- Allegacy provides eStatements as a free service; however, you must sign up for eStatements to receive them.
- On WebBanking, some restrictions may apply.
- To use Mobile Banking or to get text alerts, you must first sign up for them. Allegacy does not charge a fee for these services; however, your mobile carrier’s normal data rates apply.